The Plaza Theatre was a $24.2 million gift to the people of El Paso from the El Paso Community Foundation. Built in 1930 and restored to its original splendor in 2006, the Plaza Theatre was designated as a National Historic Building of Significance. The Spanish Colonial Revival architecture, mosaic-tiled floors, antique furniture, and star-studded ceiling convey the illusion of a Spanish courtyard. The Plaza Theatre’s rich decor is enhanced by the Mighty Wurlitzer Blaban III Organ, one of only six ever made.
The 2,050-seat Kendall Kidd performance hall, 200-seat Philanthropy Theatre, and Alcantar Sky Garden are thrilling venues to take in a show or rent for private use. The Plaza Theatre is home to the El Paso Symphony Orchestra and the Plaza Classic Film Festival and the host of Broadway shows and concerts.
Plaza StarKeepers is a diverse group of volunteers committed to supporting the Plaza Theatre through service-oriented and fundraising activities. Plaza StarKeepers are men and women of all ages and walks of life from El Paso, southern New Mexico, and northern Chihuahua, who share a love of the theatre and a desire to see it brought back to life.
Plaza Tile Naming
Leave a lasting mark at the entrance of the Plaza Classic Theatre with a custom tile inscription.
Plaza Chair Naming
Customize a chair in the main Plaza Theatre or Philanthropy Theatre.