Four speakers and a short film will be offered in the fall edition of the free Cultivate Forum at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, October 18 in the Foundation Room, 333 N. Oregon Street.
Speakers and their topics are:
• Edible Gardening Within Reach, presented by Jennifer Barr, landscape architect, Desert Elements Landscape Design, LLC
• The Rio Grande/Rio Bravo in History and Memory, presented by Dr. Mark Cioc-Ortega, professor and head of the New Mexico State University history department
• On How to Raise Chickens, presented by Juan Ferret, Executive Director of the Philosophic Systems Institute
• Protecting Biodiversity in San Elizario for Sustainability and Economic Growth, presented by Maya Sanchez, City Administrator, City of San Elizario
• Person of the Forest, 17-minute documentary (pictured) by Tim Laman and Melissa Lesh about efforts to study orangutans in the Borneo rain forest
There will be plenty of time for discussion and collaboration afterwards.
Light refreshments will be catered by Chef Omar Carranza.
Call 915-533-4020 or email email@example.com for more information.
Cultivate is a project of the El Paso Community Foundation.