In honor of Veterans Day, the El Paso Community Foundation Jewel Box Series at the Philanthropy Theatre presents “Telling El Paso — Our Veterans. Their Stories.”
The Eden Enterprises production will be performed at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, November 12 in the Philanthropy Theatre on the second floor of the Plaza Theatre Performing Arts Centre Annex (above the box office).
Tickets are $16, on sale at the Plaza Theatre box office, Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.com, and 800-745-3000.
Part of the national Telling Project, “Telling El Paso” features six local military veterans of wars, from Vietnam to Operation Iraqi Freedom, telling their stories of service — and coming home. It was written by Dr. Max Rayneard, and directed by Hector Serrano.
It was staged last year at the Chamizal National Memorial and the War Eagles Museum, and was broadcast on KCOS, which helped create the local production.
The cast features military veterans, all of whom are returning from last year’s production. They are:
• Felix Arenas (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy)
• Wacinque Amistad Kaizen BeMende (U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and reserves, U.S. Army and reserves, National Guard, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary)
• Sylvia Charf (U.S. Army)
• Linda Hinchey (U.S. Air Force, Army National Guard)
• Fortunato S. “Tito” Lechuga (U.S. Marine Corps)
• Jeffrey Garret “Animal” Wells (U.S. Army)
The Jewel Box Series is produced in partnership with El Paso Live, and is supported by the City of El Paso’s Museums and Cultural Affairs Department.