El Paso Community Foundation was established in 1977 as a permanent endowment for the long term benefit of the El Paso region, far West Texas, Southern New Mexico and Northern Chihuahua, Mexico. We serves as a charitable resource to donors, nonprofit organizations and the community at-large. The El Paso Community Foundation is the region’s most trusted philanthropic advisor. Our professional staff offers you resources, knowledge and expertise in charitable giving.
The mission of the El Paso Community Foundation:
- To establish permanent charitable endowments
- To provide a vehicle for donors’ varied interests
- To promote local philanthropy
- To provide leadership and resources in addressing local challenges and opportunities
Our Board of Directors is comprised of respected business, civic and philanthropic leaders. They give of their time, knowledge and talents to assure that each gift to the Foundation is used to respond effectively and imaginatively to the community’s needs.
Current Board Members (2013)
- Leigh V. Bloss, Chairman
- Marylee Warwick Jurecky, Vice Chair
- Jonathan Rogers, Jr., Secretary – Treasurer
- Joe Alcantar, Jr.
- Frances Roderick Axelson
- Jack Eisenberg
- Richard H. Feuille
- Ruth E. Gillett
- Laura Karam
- Chris Lane
- James Magee
- John S. McKee, Jr. D.V.M.
- Dr. Roger G. Ortiz, D.D.S.
- Justice Guadalupe Rivera
- Mary Carmen Saucedo
- Eric Pearson, President/CEO
- Janice W. Windle, Senior Advisor to the President
- Carmen M. Vargas, CFO
- Kathrin Berg Pettit, Director of Donor Relations
- Gary Williams, Senior Program Officer
- Doug Pullen, Program Director
- Bonita Johnson, Grants Manager
- Amanda Fernandez, Executive Assistant to the President
- Maggie Sanchez-Mercado, Executive Assistant/Event Director
- Luz Maria Mendez, Office Coordinator
- Josefina Solis, Accounting Assistant
- Josefa de la Rosa, Facility Operations
- Asia Gaye Saucedo, Logistic Assistant